NASHVILLE, Tenn., July 14, 2015 – The next generation of mobile prescriptions has been written, without a pen, and it gives patient and prescriber something they don’t get enough of – time.
getRx, an intuitive mobile prescription app and secure communication technology that saves time, money and stress, has been launched by an enterprising Middle Tennessee physician, longtime health care executive and entrepreneurial health care attorney. It’s available now in the Apple, Google Play, and Amazon app stores. Screen shots of the app are available on the getRx website and in the app stores.
“As a physician, one of the real hassles of the job has always been spending way too much time writing prescriptions, calling the pharmacy and not having quick access to my patients,” said Dr. John Daniel Rudd, M.D., an internal medicine physician and founder and CEO of getRx. “I thought there had to be an app that could solve this common prescriber dilemma, but I couldn’t find anything in app stores or on the Internet. So, we invented one.”
Rudd, a physician with Cedar Grove Medical Associates in Smyrna, Tenn., partnered with Kirk Finchem, an executive who has served in numerous leadership roles in health care, engineering and finance, most recently with Renal Advantage, Inc., and Edward A. Hadley, a member of Nashville, Tenn. law firm North, Pursell & Ramos, PLC who focuses his practice on health care liability law, business transactions and aviation law.
For prescribers, it’s an intuitive mobile prescription pad that empowers them to write, send and document prescriptions in less than 20 seconds. They don’t have to call the pharmacy. It gives patients the freedom to have prescriptions filled – and refilled – in real time, real fast, at home or on the go. Also, prescribers and patients can now conveniently communicate through secure texting.
“getRx really connects patient, prescriber and pharmacy, and is the perfect prescription for today’s on-the-go mobile society,” Rudd said.
getRx offers two convenient apps, one for prescribers – which includes a free 30-day trial or 100 prescriptions (whichever comes first) – and one for patients, which is free.
With getRx, prescribers:
- Save time.
- Save money.
- Don’t have to call the pharmacy or wait on hold.
- Write prescriptions and refills quickly and securely 24/7 – when and where patients want, right from your phone.
- Print prescriptions from your phone.
- All prescriptions and messages are documented and stored for quick reference.
- Communicate with patients and your team through secure texting.
- Avoid the EHR jungle.
- All data transmissions are encrypted, secure and HIPAA compliant.
With getRx, patients:
- Save time.
- Save money.
- Never waste time calling or roaming the pharmacy aisles.
- Request prescriptions and refills in real time – at home or on the go from your phone. Your pharmacy and prescriptions will always be with you.
- Pick your pharmacy.
- Send your health insurance information to the pharmacy with your prescription.
- Communicate with your prescriber through secure texting.
getRx is a patented mobile prescription app that powers healthier lifestyles. It’s the perfect prescription for saving time, money and stress! It connects patient, prescriber and pharmacy. For prescribers, it’s your intuitive mobile prescription pad that empowers you to write, send and document prescriptions in less than 20 seconds. You don’t have to call the pharmacy. It gives patients the freedom to have prescriptions filled – and refilled – in real time, real fast, at home or on the go. Prescribers and patients can now conveniently communicate through secure texting. Get in the know at www.getrx.com, in Apple, Google Play, and Amazon app stores.